Clear Creek ISD
• CCISD received a rating of “Superior Achievement” (the state’s highest designation), under Texas’ new Schools First (Financial Accountability Rating System of Texas) program.
• CCISD had 26 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists in 2006. These students are in the top one-half of one percent of American high school seniors.
• CCISD has six schools that earned the state’s highest rating – Exemplary – and 18 schools that earned Recognized. No schools were rated low performing.
• CCISD students scored well above the state averages on the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) tests. They also scored well above the state average on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and American College Testing (ACT) college entrance examinations.
• CCISD has an outstanding athletic program. Students involved in the different athletic programs at the secondary level received honors at regional and state events during the 2006-2007 school year.• Higher educational opportunities are available through the University of Houston – Clear Lake, The College of the Mainland and San Jacinto College.